OTM-R stands for Open Transparent and Merit Based Recruitment. The OTM-R package is a set of ready-made tools to be implemented in universities and research and development institutions in order to ensure open, transparent recruitment based on the candidate's qualifications.
OTM-R is one of the key aspects ensuring the availability and openness of the labor market for researchers in the European Union.
The OTM-R package includes:
- analysis of the benefits of open, transparent recruitment based on the candidate's qualifications,
- rules and guidelines for the organization of the OTM-R process,
- checklist for institutions,
- tips on how to improve the recruitment process,
- examples of good practice.
The implementation of the OTM-R principles may have a significant impact on the intensification of international cooperation in the field of scientific research, as well as increasing the effectiveness of the entire system of employing research workers.
Towards a European framework for research careers
OTM-R checklist, University of Agriculture in Krakow