Short description of the program:
Form of study: full-time studies (4-semester)
Title of qualification: Master of science
Classification according to area of education: 1. Agriculture, crop production, agricultural economics
Areas of science and scientific disciplines to which learning outcomes refer: 1. Environmental Protection; 2. Agriculture
Place of project implementation and financing: The project entitled "The University of Agriculture - open space for you!" is implemented by the Faculty of Agriculture and Economics at the University of Agriculture in Krakow. Project is a part of the Operational Program Knowledge Education Development (PO WER), 3rd priority axis "Higher education for economy and development" and activity 3.3 "Internationalization of Polish higher education". The project is financed by the National Center for Research and Development of the Republic of Poland.
Student limit: 60 (including 31 foreigners and 29 polish citizens)
Gender parity: 42W +18M (22W + 9M in group of foreigners)
Staff: The teachers involved in the project are researchers and teachers making up a highly qualified staff of the University of Agriculture, each holding at least a PhD degree and fluent in English. Some classes and lectures will be taught by foreign teachers, currently employed as visiting professors to make the programme more attractive and diversified.
Financial support for students: The project provides scholarships for foreign students in the amount of PLN 1,400 per month. Students from Poland will receive material support in accordance with the regulations of the scholarship system of the University of Agriculture in Krakow.
Recruitment: The recruitment process is planned for the period from April to October 2018.
The main objective of the project is improving the availability of international education programs in the period from 01/04/2018 to 31/12/2020 for a minimum of 60 students of the Faculty of Agriculture and Economics at the University of Agriculture in Krakow. The opportunity to study in an international team of students, education realized in English by highly specialized staff, as well as study facilitation owing to the scholarship system are considered the additional values of the project. The beginning of studies is planned for October 2018, the end of studies for June 2020. As part of a 2-week adaptive activities, classes will be held in a conference center of the University of Agriculture, located in Krynica Zdroj. Classes are aimed at leveling the student knowledge in basic subjects (biology, physics, geography). The program includes field activities within the Jaworzyna Krynicka range. The participants will also have an opportunity to learn about the culture and tradition of the region. The school is planned for September 2018.
Necessary documents (Master Studies):
- Printout of the online application in the University system
- Bachelor's degree diploma (together with a supplement, if applicable) or another document of completion of studies abroad, which allow to start the second cycle studies in the country it was issued. Diploma should be legalized or given an apostille. Candidate should also provide a statement that his diploma allows him to take up the second cycle studies in the country it was issued – if such a statement is not already written on the diploma
- Certified translation of the documents to the Polish language done by a sworn (certified) translator
- Document certifying the knowledge of English
- Medical certificate stating that there are no contraindications to undertake education in a chosen field of study and form of education
- Document that certifies the candidate's possession of health insurance or casualty insurance for the period of studying in Poland
- fill in an application form
- application should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- decision about obligatory recruitment payment will be anounced later
- upload the required documents to email@example.com
DSc. Ryszard Mazurek - Project manager
+48 12 662 4304
dr hab. Eng. Janina Gospodarek - Project coordinator
+48 12 662 4204
dr hab. Eng. Anna Gorczyca - Project coordinator
+48 12 662 4400