Bachelor Programs - Admission and Registration

Undergraduate: The undergraduate programme lasts 3.5 years (7 semesters). After completion of this Bachelor programme, the graduate will be awarded the Professional title of inżynier (engineer) with a note that the programme was taught in English

Recruitment process:

6 short steps to get closer to realize your dream career

STEP 1 – review our offer and select the right program
STEP 2 - fill in online application form - IRK and upload the required documents 
STEP 3 - wait for confirmation
STEP 4- Pay admission fee
STEP 5 – wait for selection results


The candidates are requested to pay enrolment fee of 20 EUR
Tuition fee: depending on the programme, the tuition fee varies from 2 000 – 3 500 EUR per year

After registration for studies (filled online application form) foreigners are required to pay enrolment fee of 20 EUR to the bank account generated in the IRK system.
After acceptance for studies foreigners are required to pay tuition fee to the following bank account: PL 98 2490 0005 0000 4600 7337 5379 at Alior Bank SA, BIC(SWIFT): ALBPPLPW.. Please, add the information for the beneficiary: tuition fee, name and surname of the candidate.

Necessary documents:

  • confirmation of admission payment
  • documents confirming possessed education with apostille or legalisation**
  • certified translation of the documents to the English language done by a sworn translator
  • document certifying the knowledge of English at least B2 level
  • medical certificate stating that there are no contraindications to undertake education in a chosen field of study and form of education
  • document that certifies the candidate's possession of health insurance or casualty insurance for the period of studying in Poland

**International qualification certificates obtained outside of Poland (except for the International Baccalaureate diploma and the European Baccalaureate certificate) have to be authenticated with apostille or legalised. This serves as the basis of acknowledging foreign documents as valid in the territory of Poland. If the documents are issued in countries which are parties to the Hague Convention of 5 October 1961, apostille has to be obtained. The list of countries and institutions responsible in each country for issuing apostille may be found here.

Legalisation, similarly to apostille, confirms the authenticity of a document issued in a country other than Poland. Documents have to be legalized if obtaining an apostille is not possible because the country that issued the document is not a party to the Hague Convention mentioned above. If the certificate was issued in such country, you need to contact the institution responsible in this country for legalising documents (in order to use them abroad). Usually it is the ministry of foreign affairs or ministry of education. After obtaining initial confirmation, the Polish consulate should be contacted in order to finalise legalisation of the document.

Visa and residence legalisation

Students from the EU / EFTA
Citizens of the European Union and the European Economic Area do not need a visa to enter Poland. However, after beginning your studies you have to apply for a temporary residence permit after arrival in Poland. The residence permit is valid for one year and can be extended every year until the completion of your studies. This permit also entitles you to work in Poland.

You will find more information here or here

Students from outside the EU / EFTA
Non-EU citizens should obtain a visa before their arrival in Poland. Candidates receive an acceptance letter from the University which can be issued once all the application documents are submitted. Visa policies can vary depending on the country and an acceptance letter might not be sufficient to obtain a visa in some countries. More information can be fund on here

University of Agriculture guarantees a place in a student residence for each foreign student who went through admission process. Monthly fees for a place in student residence are set each year (usually about 90 EUR per person per month). Rooms are usually twin, triple or quad (two, three of four single beds in a room) and the kitchen and bathroom are shared between several rooms (this arrangement may be different in different residences). Rooms have basic equipment: a bed, bed linen, a night lamp, a table, a wardrobe. There is no cutlery, tableware, pots or pans in the kitchen. All residence halls offer student canteens. After filling out the on-line form, it has to be printed out, signed and sent to a respective unit.

Accommodation Form (more)

Scholarship to non-nationals who are holders of scholarship awarded by the Polish party and to non-nationals of Polish origin studying in the country of their residence
under Art. 43 section 3 item 1 and section 7 of the Act dated 27 July 2005, the Law on Higher Education (J. L. of 2005, no. 164, item 1365 as amended)

Scholarships are administered by:
Narodowa Agencja Wymiany Akademickiej
(The Polish National Agency for Academic Exchange)
ul. Ogrodowa 28/30, 00-896 Warszawa phone.: +48 22 826 28 23; fax: +48 22 393 38 00
www:, e-mail:

The Bureau also implements the tasks concerning:

  • recognition of education obtained abroad;
  • education of non-nationals in Poland and Polish nationals abroad;
  • administrative and financial service of the State Certification Commission for Polish as a Foreign Language and state examination commissions.

Scholarships are awarded for particular years of studies for the period not longer than the duration of studies specified by the university's senate. A scholarship can be also awarded for a period shorter than an academic year.
Applications from non-nationals for granting a scholarship for the first time, are handed over to the Bureau or directly to competent ministers by Polish or accredited in the Republic of Poland diplomatic or consular representations or by foreign institutions authorized to do so.
Applications for granting a scholarship for another year of education are submitted by non-nationals via the university where they study, not later than by 30 November, and in the case of applying for scholarship for a summer semester – by 31 March.

Scholarships are paid directly to scholarship holders by the units where these persons study. A scholarship is paid during months in which classes are held according to the course of studies, not longer than for 10 months within a calendar year. In justified cases a competent minister may make a decision to pay a scholarship in months when there are no classes.

In the case when a scholarship holder obtains a permit to prolong the period of education in the Republic of Poland, the minister may also award a scholarship for the remaining period of education. The minister may also prolong paying the scholarship after completion of education, however for the period not longer than 3 months.

A scholarship cannot be awarded for another year of education if a scholarship holder:

  1. repeats a semester of year of studies;
  2. does not hold a valid visa, residence card or other document authorizing him/her to stay within the territory of the Republic of Poland for definite time;
  3. stays, within the period other than inter-semester breaks, outside the Republic of Poland for a period longer than 30 days.

A non-national who has not been awarded a scholarship for another year of education, may seek a scholarship after the reason for non-awarding a scholarship ceased to exist.
Payment of a scholarship can be suspended if a scholarship holder did not timely pass the examinations provided for in the course of studies. The payment is restored when any outstanding examinations as provided for the course of studies are passed not later than by 30 November.

A scholarship can be cancelled in the case when a scholarship holder:

  1. provided false information on the basis of which he/she has been granted a scholarship;
  2. many times repeats a semester or year of studies or fails to fulfill a student's duties;
  3. has been disciplinarily punished or validly sentenced by a court for an offence committed intentionally or for an intentional fiscal offence.

Students who are scholarship holders can be granted once during their entire education within the Republic of Poland:

  • a relocation allowance at the first year of studies;
  • a hardship benefit.

Scholarship holders can also be granted a benefit in connection with preparation of their diploma thesis.

Living in Krakow -

  • average cost of flat rent 700-1500 PLN per month
  • cost of accommodation in a student residence 350-490 PLN per month
  • city transport c.a. 60 PLN per month (student ID card entitles to discount)
  • food and other expenses c.a. 700 PLN per month

Health insurance

Non-nationals from the EU Member States or member states of the European Free Trade Association (EFTA) – party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area can avail themselves of the services provided that they hold a valid European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) issued in the country of origin.
Non-nationals from countries which are not the EU Members or from member states of the European Free Trade Association (EFTA) – party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area may take out voluntary health insurance at the National Health Fund.
If a student has been recognized as a person of Polish origin in the meaning of the Act on repatriation and if he/she is not subject to obligatory health insurance for other reason, then a contribution is paid by the university.

More information about insurance can be found at:

More information about signing an agreement with the National Health Fund can be found : (in Polish only).


University of Agriculture in Krakow
Al. Mickiewicza 21
12 633 13 36
12 633 62 45
VATIN: 675 000 21 18
REGON: 000001815
© 2017-2023 UAK University of Agriculture in Krakow
Design: IT UAK